~choose fonts and sizes~

add widget footer in wordpress theme

add widget footer in wordpress theme

Quesiton:
I wanted to use widgets in the footer of my WordPress theme but my wordpress theme didn’t come with a footer-sidebar by default. I didn’t really wanted to change the theme just because of that. So I hacked the wordpress theme to introduce footer-sidebars. If you are looking for a tutorial that explains how you can add sidebars/widgets to the footer of your WordPress theme then keep reading.
wordpress_theme_icon_128
There are really three main parts to introducing a footer sidebar/widget area in your theme:
  1. Registering the Sidebar(s) in the WordPress Theme
  2. Inserting the Sidebars In the WordPress Theme
  3. Putting some style into the sidebars

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Attention: Please don't use spammy comments here. else ur comment will be remove automatically. Thank you.